Friday, July 6, 2012

Pregnancy tips Encouraging Story: Three Children Conceived Naturally Over 40

Dorothy Handelman and Family



I heard from a woman who suffered from "infertility" when she tried to conceive in her 30's, then proceeds to have three children naturally over the age of 40 (her last when she was 45!) I asked if I could share her story to give my blog readers proof that some women are more fertile in their 40's than their younger years. She also has a long-term perspective of parenting over 40 since her oldest child is now 18. Read more from Dorothy Handelman:




Prior to turning 40, my future as a mother was uncertain. I had had a failed pregnancy that was accomplished with the assistance of a noted fertility expert in New York. So, I was not optimistic that I had the time or the ability to have the children that I desired. When my marriage of 2 ½ years came to an abrupt end, I remember telling my mother that I felt like “my life was over”. Trying to console me, she thought that “a few more things were going to happen to me.”


Returning to the dating pool as a divorcee I didn’t realize that possibilities even existed. I met a great a guy and found myself pregnant at 40, 43 and 45 without any fertlity assistance. Motherhood over 40 has many blessings and many challenges. Along the way I have mostly had the patience required for my children but not always the energy to ride bikes all day or climb mountains. Our three kids (now 18, 15, and 13) are fine, happy and able bodied and their dad and I are very grateful that we have created this family.


Turning 40, I was very hopeless that I would have any children as the experts painted a very pessimistic image of an older woman’s chances of conception. But, sometimes the experts have it all wrong.


To read Dorothy's blog, click here:

curb appeal in sleepy hollow

code ads

Posted By : Unknown Date : 2:09 PM Label :

0 Comments: