Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pregnancy tips Your Period After Pregnancy

I remember being shocked when I got my period just three months after delivery my daughter. My breast milk seemed to almost completely dry up at the same time. Since I was combining breast and bottle feeding, it is possible that this is why my periods started back this soon. This article explains more:


www.pregnancy-period.com

From the article:

Starting Of Your First Period

If you choose to feed your baby through bottle, or combine breastfeeding with bottle-feeding, you are likely to get your first period after pregnancy about 5-6 weeks after delivery.

If you breastfeed regularly (with no bottle-feeding), you may not get your period until you cease to breastfeed. This is nature's way of protecting your body from an immediate pregnancy while your child is in infancy.

Even if your period starts while you are breastfeeding, don't expect it to be regular. It is common for your menstrual cycle to be of shorter or longer length than normal during your breastfeeding days.

code ads

Posted By : Unknown Date : 2:26 PM Label :

0 Comments: