Saturday, July 7, 2012

Pregnancy tips Why There Are More and More Mothers Over 40

I remember thinking on my 40th birthday...I don't know how I got here...it seems like just yesterday I was graduating from college, getting my first job...etc..." I got so wrapped up in life that the time just flew by. In retrospect, I'm glad I didn't have children when I was younger, because it would have been disasterous. However, many women find themselves in their 40's and finally ready to have a baby. I'm so glad I waited...I see some other couples in my age group and they're acting like "old people". My daughter is going to keep us young! Here is an article from BBC News about what they call, the "New Late Boomers":

The new, late baby boomers
By Clare Babbidge
BBC News


From the article:

"Penny Wall, 31, of Leicester, is expecting her first child in the New Year, but says pregnancy is not currently on the agenda for many of her friends.

"They are just not really think of it, they are having a nice time and developing their careers and doing other things," she said.

"It is the right time for me, because I have strong feelings towards doing it."

She added that although a lot of her friends had partners, they were "taking advantage of different opportunities and spending their money in different ways, not being committed... because life will change so dramatically once you have a baby."

Ms Wall believes a change in attitude towards age is one of the main reasons for the increase in older women becoming pregnant.

"I don't think it really makes any difference what age people are, it all comes down to personal choice now," she said."

code ads

Posted By : Unknown Date : 4:11 PM Label :

0 Comments: